Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's a Boy!

We recently went to have our ultrasound to check up on our new little one. We also decided to find out what we were having this time, after keeping our first one a surprise. I LOVED keeping our first baby a surprise. It made it so much fun. However, I was so sure we were having a boy this time there was really no point in not finding out. Immediately when the technician put her magic wand on my stomach and we saw the profile of our baby I wanted to say, "He's SO cute!" But I stopped myself because she hadn't confirmed it was a boy yet. But then after, "Oh yeah, this is a boy," "clearly a boy," and, "this is DEFINATELY a boy," I knew I was good to go. It's weird how strongly I knew this time.

He really was quite adorable and I loved every second. I always lay there with a silly grin on my face throughout the entire ultrasound. The ultrasound technician pointed out he's using my bladder as a nice little pillow, even though I didn't really need her to tell me that.  Also, I was supposed to be a little over 20 weeks, however, the baby measured a week behind, as did my stomach so my due date is now moved to 1/15/2010 which is a week later.

All in all, everything looked good, a four chamber heart with a great heartbeat, two healthy sides of the brain, etc. Here are some of the ultrasound pictures....

A cute profile picture of the face
Another face profile with the arm stretched above the head
One of the arms
And a little foot :) So cute
And I would put the picture proving he's a little man but I just don't feel like exposing this little guy online. You can ask for the hard copy of the picture if you don't believe me.

Now I've got to figure out how to raise a little boy because I have no idea. Any advice is welcome!

3 comments: