Unfortunately, the nursery experience had him riled up and he started crying about having to go to Primary too. It didn't help that it was right in the middle of his usual three hour nap (curse the one-o'clock church!). After some persuading and explaining that he could sit with his friends, he sat down and was doing well, and I snuck away to Sunday School. Unfortunately, ten minutes later, the Sunday School door opened with a member of the Primary Presidency towing a splotchy-faced Ammon behind her. She said he was doing fine but he would fall asleep, jerk awake, not know what was going on, and start to cry. They would then calm him down, he would fall asleep, and the whole process would start again...over and over. It was just getting too disruptive.
I took the poor kid home for a nap.
And that was Ammon's first day of Primary. Luckily, after a phone conversation with the President, we agreed to try again, and hopefully Ammon will be better prepared to face Primary this next week and won't wear himself out crying so that he can't stay awake.
|Ammon's first day of Primary on his third birthday.|
After church I made Ammon's birthday dinner. He asked for pancakes and jello (we did jello the week before to get that out of the way) and I found a perfect recipe for cake-batter pancakes.
You literally just mix up a cake-mix and pour it on the griddle, then melt some frosting so it's runny, poor it on top, and throw on some sprinkles. SO easy. And SO yummy. Everyone loved them - I mean they were cake-pancakes! Something about cooking them on the griddle made the texture extra delicious. Brigham, who normally hates cake, couldn't stop eating them and raving about how much he loved them.
We also had scrambled eggs and roasted potatoes and carrots.
He sure loved eating them though :)
After dinner we opened presents and he was spoiled, of course. It's hard not to be when you live with your Grandma.
After presents we had ice cream and I did Ammon's birthday interview. I love the answers he gives because it shows his silly, easily distracted self. A few of the answers he gave because he was trying to be funny, a few answers were because he was bored, and a few were just completely out of left field. I complete he's even old enough to have an interview. I think I officially don't have a baby anymore :(
Though I'm sad, I'm so proud of how big of a boy Ammon is, he had a big year! He potty-trained so easily and finally was patient enough to learn his colors. He now makes it through about 15 minutes of a few movies or shows (Yo Gabba Gabba, Elmo, Cookie Monster Movie). He still is obsessed with books and asks us to read to him eighteen times a day. He graduated to a big-boy bed and is now starting Primary. He started talking (finally!) and drives us crazy with his constant "why". My Grandma said she's heard a lot of kids ask why a lot, but none as much as Ammon.
|Grandma Busby wanted a picture taken with them so that in 30 years my kids might remember that she was there with them on their birthday. It hurt my heart.|
Probably one of my favorite things he says: when someone says something he doesn't like, he says, "Don't copy me!" Haha, he picked it up from the older kids and only uses it correctly only half the time and it's adorable! Lydia will say, " No Ammon, don't put that there" and Ammon replies, "Don't copy me!" :)
Here's the best clip I could get of him talking recently. Every time I try to video him he just wants to see the video so that's all he says...as you'll hear in this video.
Happy Birthday my sweet boy. You've captured my heart like I never imagined and I'm so pleased with everything you've done and excited to spend another year being your Mom! Love you!!
Ammon's 3 Year Old Birthday Interview
1. What's your favorite song? ABC's
2. What's your favorite thing to do with Mom? Get off
3. What's your favorite thing to do with Dad? Play with toys
4. What's your favorite day of the week? Saturday
5. How old are you? Three
6. Who is your best friend? Abby
7. What's your favorite thing to do? Play with toys
8. What's your favorite color? Pink
9. What's your favorite food? Watermelon
10. What do you like to do with your family? Play outside
11. What's your favorite toy? My little people airplane and carnival
12. What do you want to be when you grow up? A movie
13. What makes you happy? Daddy
14. What makes you sad? I don't know
15. What's your favorite show to watch? Yo Gabba Gabba
16. What's your favorite book? The Elmo book
17. What do you like to learn about? I don't know
18. Where do you like to go? Exercise class
19. What's the best part of your birthday? Candles
20. What's your favorite treat? Starburst
21. If you could meet someone famous who would it be? I don't know
22. What's your favorite movie? Yo Gabba Gabba
23. What's your favorite game to play? Uno
24. What sports do you like? Tennis
25. What do you like to wear? A Dress
26. Who's your favorite Superhero? Superman