Monday, January 23, 2017

Super Six

Surrounded by some big birthdays and Christmas, I was worried that Ammon would feel upstaged on his big day. Especially since we had to hold off the main celebration until Sunday, when the rest of the family was available to celebrate. When the day of his birthday rolled around, festivities were low-key, and yet, the day was good.



Ammon played with his legos before we headed off to exercise class. And I also had to fit in some pictures of the birthday boy on his big day.


I told him to make a cool move for his picture and this is what I got. He's pretty cool to me.

At school he raised his hand and asked his teacher when the class was going to sing happy birthday to him. Hahahaha! This cracks me up. And surprises me because he's so shy. I think he's acclimating to kindergarten just fine :)

Since we were waiting to eat his birthday dinner of steak, jello, carrots, and snicker salad until Sunday, we let him pick where he wanted to go out for dinner on his birthday.


And here he is with his ice cream sundae at Red Robin's. I decided Red Robin's is the perfect restaurant to take kids on their birthday because they give you the free sundae, they sing you happy birthday (which Ammon looked like he was being TORTURED while they were singing - poor, shy boy), and you get balloons as you leave. It's like a free birthday party along with your meal.

After dinner we had him open a good majority of his presents and he was thrilled with his pirate ship playmobile.


Sunday night we had his requested birthday dinner and he opened more presents from family. Ammon was also able to get his birthday desert, inspired by a previous trip to Dairy Queen.


Ice cream brownie sundae with chopped Reeses and chocolate syrup sprinkled on top. Good choice, my son. It was delicious.

Ammon is such a good little boy. And he is SUCH a tease. He loves to trick and joke and pretend. He asks for food constantly and could eat alllll day long. Ammon is so helpful and turning into such a gentleman - holding the door for me, helping with Kendrick, carrying my mat at exercise class. He melts my heart when he comes to me before we leave somewhere and asks if I need help with anything.

Ammon is starting to read pretty well and is a math and handwriting whiz. I'm really happy with his progression in school. We are just working on listening and remembering instructions. This boy is pretty forgetful. He's still shy and sympathetic.  He's basically your typical little boy, with lots of Ammon flavor. If that makes sense.

He's pretty much the best. 

I love him with all my heart and can't believe my first little man is six years old. Happy birthday, dude. Stay cool.



Ammon's Sixth Birthday Interview
1. What's your favorite song? Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
2. What's your favorite thing to do with Mom? Play a board game
3. What's your favorite thing to do with Dad? Play a card game
4. What's your favorite day of the week? Saturday
5. How old are you? Six
6. Who is your best friend? Hyrum
7. What's your favorite thing to do? Play with Lydia
8. What's your favorite color? Black
9. What's your favorite food? Steak
10. What do you like to do with your family? Make cookies
11. What's your favorite toy? My art set
12. What do you want to be when you grow up? A ninja
13. What makes you happy? Our family
14. What makes you sad? Getting hurt
15. What's your favorite show to watch? Power Rangers
16. What's your favorite book? Superhero book
17. What do you like to learn about? Jesus
18. Where do you like to go? McDonalds
19. What's the best part of your birthday? Getting presents
20. What's your favorite treat? Brownie Sundae
21. If you could meet someone famous who would it be? President Monson
22. What's your favorite movie? Big Hero 6
23. What's your favorite game to play? Sorry
24. What sports do you like? Football, tennis
25. What do you like to wear? "this shirt" and points to shirt he's wearing (basketball shirt)
26. Who's your favorite Superhero? Spiderman

2 comments:

  1. I'm here by the way. I've read each and every blog, i just haven't commented on them because I've read them at work and I"m not signed in to my account, nor do i want to there!! But happy (belated) Birthday Ammon!! I can't believe what a handsome boy he is turning in to. He is getting so big and looks older all the time. I so wish we could see him more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy bday ammon! 6 is a big deal! has he watched super 4 on netflix? its one of landons favorite shows- didnt even know it was a playmobile thing! hahah

    ReplyDelete