Friday, May 11, 2018

Tappana Times: Spring in April

April was the month. The month that baby number four was due. And since I had to make it until the end of the month, I tried to keep busy.

37 Weeks at the beginning of April




We spent a lot of time outside on walks, enjoying the GORGEOUS blossoms and springtime blooms.

During spring break, I put the kids to work, teaching them how to clean out the fridge. And we worked on their community service project by picking up garbage around the neighborhood.



They earned their day at the Pacific Science Center. At the IMAX theater, the boys both fell asleep while the girls and I enjoyed our educational Amazon film.


I did spend some time washing and putting away baby clothes, marveling at how tiny a human can be.


Kendrick seemed to be preparing for the new baby, as well.


We had plenty of piano triumphs, with Lydia performing in her first piano recital.


Lydia's teacher and others comment on how gifted she is at the piano. I realized this long ago and we decided to invest some money towards her talent and get her real piano lessons from someone who is more qualified than me. She has progressed so quickly since her lessons began six months ago, and I love hearing the skill flow from her fingertips and watching her joy as she plays. She played superbly that night and I'm so proud of her.

Ammon also passed off his first piano book.


Always a fun achievement!

We spent a fun evening out at Kanaskat Palmer - one of our favorite places - enjoying a picnic dinner, hiking, and rock-throwing.




It was getting harder to distract myself from my impending due date, but luckily my brother came into town with his girlfriend, and they brought me along to spend the day in Seattle and at the aquarium.



Because my due date was the day before Brigham's and my anniversary, I wanted to have the baby either a week early or a week late in order to have the birthday as far from our anniversary as possible. I began eating pineapple to prepare and did a lot of exercising and labor induction tricks the week before. But to no avail.

40 weeks

It was soon my due-date and I was a full forty weeks.

On my actual due date, I tried to keep my spirits up with a busy-ish day.


I went to boot camp and got a due-date, belly-bump picture with my favorite ladies.

Bought more pineapple.


And tried unsuccessfully to have a good nap.


That night my family planned to go see the new Avenger's movie. I had zero desire to see it and wanted Brigham to be able to go with everyone, so I said I would stay home with the kids. Feeling pretty sorry for myself about having to spend my due date night alone at home with the kids, I was touched when my grandma called and wanted to have dinner and rent a movie together, her treat. She figured I was having a pity party, and wanted to help. She's so thoughtful and kind to me at times. I love her.


So, that's what we did. The kids watched Ferdinand the Bull upstairs while Grandma and I watched The Darkest Hour downstairs after some delicious Cafe Rio. A fine due date evening if you ask me.

As my due date passed, it was our anniversary the next day and we stuck to our gaming tradition and managed to fit in an epic Arkham Horror game.


We won.

And then April ended and I was still pregnant. No April baby, and it seemed that I would be aiming for a week late. April Fools on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment