Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Tappana Times: August


I must have been snoozing like Ivy since I'm still trying to wrap up August and we're in October these days.


Or maybe I was too busy enjoying the summer life and eating fudgesicles with my shirt off like Kendrick to keep clothes clean from the drips.


Until he had to run into the house to go to the bathroom and all those drips got all over my floor and toilet. Toddler life.


We visited a new park on Mercer Island before school started. It had a fun playground and a beach area on Lake Washington.



The kids also completed another year of swimming lessons.


They both improved after they got over some of their fears of drowning that seemed to surface this year. I helped them switch to some positive mental talk and helped them be the boss of the water.



Next year I think I'll start Kendrick...if only to save my sanity of keeping him out of trouble for the half hour that we are there.





Kendrick did take a new interest in holding Ivy. Maybe he sensed her growing stability. Or realized she wasn't going anywhere so he might as well pay attention to her at some point.


It got pretty hot in August so we tried to find things to do to get us out of our hot house.


Uncle Kenny and Aunt Amanda came to visit for a week, but more on that later.


Nutella toast was a hit for breakfast. And Lydia was a great big sister reading books to the two littles.


And Lydia finally had her dream come true and got her hair chopped off. A bunch of her friends cut their hair short this summer and I think she wanted to join the parade. She does look pretty adorable with her new look, though I miss styling her long hair at times.


One more post with Kenny and Amanda to catch August up, and we'll be good to go for September!

No comments:

Post a Comment