Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Tappana Times: Spring Time Fun in May

Besides bath days and birthdays,


May was full of other fun activities.


Ivy had her one-year check-up and looked grown up on the table while Kendrick acted like he owned the place.


Messy faces were created and cleaned.


Another taste-test went down in the books - this time vanilla ice cream.


We didn't have access to all of the brands we would have liked, but we did have a decent selection of different vanilla bean ice creams.


Tillamook ice cream came in first place, followed by Kroger brand and then Bryers.


The taste-test was part of our Mother's Day weekend celebration. Brigham also made me a special treat for Mother's Day.


To remember our Mediterranean trip, Brigham recreated pain au chocolate, which is basically a sweet roll with chocolate chips. They are a lot of work and took him forever to make, but they did taste delicious.

I planted more plants to kill in our flower boxes and tried to help Ivy be happy after getting back from a run.



Kendrick and Ivy let me know they were ready for lunch.



And I ran my first orienteering race with friends.


I'm so grateful I was introduced to orienteering. It's like running a race but finding hidden checkpoints throughout. You have to strategize the best routes, orient maps, and go as fast as you can. You don't even realize you're running because you're so focused on the game. I never want to run a regular boring race again. Turn anything into a game and I'm in!


My Dad had another birthday. I just love him.






He works at the same church building that I attend exercise class in and every day he comes in to say hi to my kids. He also sometimes spins them around in a circle. He's gotten so popular that ALL the kids run up to tell him hello and line up for a turn to get spun around. As Kendrick said, "He's the best grandpa ever. He loves everybody."

Brigham took the boys to fathers and sons and so I took the girls shooting with my dad and Scott's family.


I don't remember the types of guns, but we had a big one and a little one. Lydia liked to practice with the little one and I tried both out. The first time I shot with the big gun Scott and Dad laughed hysterically because the kickback almost knocked me over and I screamed from the shock.


The babies were a bit high maintenance, especially Ivy.


Every single time a gun went off, Ivy cried.


That doesn't bode well for a day of shooting. Eventually, she cried herself to sleep or settled down with some food at lunchtime. Luckily, Grandpa was around to sit down next to her and relax when I took a turn shooting.


After we had our fill of target practice and clay pigeon shooting, we took a kayak out to the Puget Sound.


Uncle Scottie gave the kids a ride out on the water and they loved it. However, Ivy cried just at the sight of the boat on the water. It freaked her out. I'm afraid this girl is super skittish.


After the kids enjoyed the water, Scott and I took a turn. We hunted for seals, especially after another kayaker mentioned seeing one, but unfortunately, we didn't spot any. It was a great day with beautiful weather.


Ivy spent a bit of naptime in bed with me on one of her crabby days, and this beautiful, wonderful boy kept me smiling.







"I spilled my drink all over the floor, but I'm cleaning it up," says Kendrick as he smears lemonade all over.


Really all of these kids keep me smiling. I'm so grateful for them.


Especially on sunny days when we play outside, or even when we're all just acting silly.


Like "sit on Ammon day".


I also had a fun evening away from the kids when I went to see the Mariners with my family.


It was a Star Wars-themed night and the Mariner's pulled out a win. And we even had a fireworks show afterward!



What a fun evening, with a special thanks to Brigham for watching all the kiddos.

May was pretty great, full of family and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment