Sunday, February 9, 2020

Tappana 2019 Summer Vacation Part One: Utah

I'm breaking up our summer vacation into three parts since we went three different places this past year. Our first leg of the trip was, of course, to Utah. We have lots of family in Utah and we always make it a priority to make sure that we see them. We miss them!




First stop: Grandma Nonie's house! Her house is everyone's home base. We know we can go there and we welcomed with open arms. And we know lots of other friendly faces will be stopping by. That's how it is at Nonie's house.


The kids get to play with cousins and we also had a birthday party for Madalyn since we were in town on her birthday. I think she liked the cake that Uncle Brigham and I got for her. I love watching my kids run around in the summer heat with rosy cheeks and smiles on their faces, surrounded by family.


This year we happened to be in Utah during BYU's education week where the campus is full of classes of all types for adults to come and attend. They go from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm at night and you can pick whatever you want. A dream come true for my mom and me. So during the day while Brigham was out to lunch with his brother and the kids were getting quality grandma time, I was living it up at Education Week. We veered towards historical religion classes, I talked Mom into some psychological classes, and we also went to a devotional where Elder Renlund spoke to everyone in the Marriot Center.


Oh, it was good to be back on campus learning again. And it was extra fun to be there with my mom. That Y on the mountain looked good and exploring the bookstore and getting news on upcoming football games filled our buckets.



Two days at education week for me and three nights spent at Grandma Nonie's house. And while this seems short, that's what our time in Utah was: family, education week, and cousin time. Exactly how we like it. Our big adventures are up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment