Thursday, October 1, 2009

First 5k and BYU vs Colorado State

Last weekend Brigham and I had a VERY busy Saturday. We woke up at 5:30am so we could be down in Provo in time for me to check in for my very first 5k, the BYU Alum Run. I was very nervous and excited for this race. My normal run is 2.3 miles while a 5k is 3.1 miles. I knew I could do it, I just didn't want to look pathetic or come in last. I had my friends Brittany and Katrina do it with me and I also paid the fifteen dollars that it cost. Once I paid I knew I wouldn't back out because it's against every thing I know to waste good money. Anyways we arrived and we were ready to go. I even got a number and everything! I felt so official. :)
The race was hard because it was around the BYU campus which is FULL of hills but I finished in 32 minutes which was under the goal I had set for myself of 35 minutes (remember I'm only a beginner). I also came in the top ten of the girls of my division (ages 20-29). Awesome Katrina got first, finishing in 24 minutes (holy cow girl!) and Brittany got sixth, finishing in 28 minutes (I got wasted by a pregnant girl :)). It was so much fun and I felt so good about myself afterwards! I loved having Brigham and Lydia there to be my cheerleaders as I crossed the finish line! After the race I hurried and showered in order to make it to the temple before the football game. When Brigham and I have a day together we have to fit in the temple! So we drove Lydia to my Uncle's in Springville, raced back to Provo and did a session with Brittany and Scott. Then we raced back to Springville, picked up Lydia, hurried back to Provo and dropped Lydia off with Brittany and Scott who watched her during the football game. She was passed around a lot that day. We met up with Katrina and were pretty exhausted by time BYU started playing Colorado State but soon we got into the energy of the game. Despite a few fun trick plays and a couple beautiful passes, BYU didn't look as good as I hoped for but we won and it was fun. Afterwards, we did a little grocery shopping with Katrina and then finally headed home around ten. It was a long, successful, tiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment