My dream job for now is to be a stay at home mom. I have had two sweet tastes of that position, but alas, I am still seeking after the full-time hours. My other job needs to go.
When I'm a grown-up I want to be a counselor for at-risk kids. I want to make a difference for the kids that aren't told they are loved, that have horrible home situations, or that just need help turning their lives around before it's too late. I've always been attracted to the trouble maker children because I see so much potential in them that just needs to be cultivated in more positive ways.
2. What is your favorite drink?
Water. When I drink other drinks, I get thirsty for water to wash them down. Water is THE most refreshing thing on earth. I'm thirsty...
3. What is your most important beauty secret?
Confidence. If you feel confident, your countenance shows it and it's beautiful. I'm always envious of those that are confident in who they are and how they look. You can tell people are attracted to them. This is my secret that I'm trying to cultivate for myself. I'm not all that confident in my appearance, but I know if I were, I would be more beautiful :)
4. If you had an all-expenses-paid vacation, where would you go?
Hmmm, I want to travel all over the place. But if I could only choose ONE place (for all you cheaters out there that somehow manage to wiggle in multiple answers), I would travel to England. I would visit all the castles, talk with an English accent, drink tea and eat crumpets, and wear old-fashioned empire waist dresses the entire trip. I have many ancestors from England, as well, so I could participate in some family history activities.
5. If you had three wishes what would they be?
1. That all my family and friends would live long, healthy, and happy lives. (This sounds selfless, but ultimately it's selfish because if it were possible, I wouldn't ever have to worry about anyone I love ever again. Phew, what a relief!)
2. That I could eat as much as I want and whatever I want and remain perfectly healthy and skinny.
3. That no babies, children, or animals would ever be hurt again. It's too traumatic and unbearable for me to see something innocent that can't understand why, be hurt or neglected (so once again this seemingly altruistic wish is purely selfish).
6. If you could have one type of food for the rest of your life what would it be?
This question stinks because I'm such a food lover and every time I settle on one food to pick, I feel sad that I would never get to eat other certain foods again. Sigh... but if I must pick ONE, then it would be spaghetti with garlic bread (they come together). This is my absolute favorite food that I rarely tire of. I love piling the spaghetti on top of the garlic bread; I call it spaghetti toast...delicious! The only problem would be if I got pregnant, because, for some reason, while I am pregnant I have no taste for spaghetti at all. It boggles Brigham's mind.
7. What's one talent you wish you had?
I wish that I had the talent of eloquent speech. I envy the people that know just what to say at the right time and who say such beautiful things with a rich vocabulary. When I have something I feel is important to say, I become flustered, stumble over my sentences, and draw a blank on the correct words I need. What comes out is a jumbled mess that doesn't make sense, so I just keep talking to try to explain what I mean making an even larger disaster. It's so frustrating because it mostly happens when I'm passionate about what I am talking about and then I can't defend or explain myself correctly.
8. What are your biggest celebrity crushes?
This is a hard one for me because it's the personality that is really the clencher for me. So when I pick a certain celebrity, it's really the character they play in the movie, rather than the actual actor, that draws me in and makes them attractive.
However, I recently saw the movie I Am Number Four, and the main character is played by Alex Pettyfer. Let me tell you that is one fine man. I pretty much drooled the entire movie. If I weren't married I would chase after him like a fat girl chases after chocolate...oh wait, I do that too.
I also favor Orlando Bloom and Matthew McConaughey because they are easy on the eyes and I love a few of the characters they play.
9. If you could look into the future would you?
No way. I am too much of a worry wart and I would stress way too much about what is going to happen and how to make what I saw happen. Also, I love love LOVE surprises and life is the greatest surprise of all. No way would I want to ruin that.
10. What made you start a blog?
I don't really remember. I think I was reading some family members' blogs and I decided I wanted one of my own so I jumped on the bandwagon.
11. What was the happiest day of your life besides getting married or having a baby?
Well since my two happiest options are taken, I don't have a particular day that I can remember. But, I do remember lots of similar days that made up one of the happiest times for me. It was during high school my senior year. I was so carefree and had so much. I would come home from school and go for walks in the beautiful Washington atmosphere to the nearby creek or lake, depending on my mood, and just dream.
Later I would hang out with friends or family or thoroughly enjoy a new book. Those were such happy simple times.
12. What are your top 4 book recommendations?
Oh jeez. I'm such an avid reader I don't even know where to begin. In fact, while I watch movies I tend to imagine how someone would go about depicting the current scene in a book. How do I answer this without showing disloyalty to some of my favorite books? I guess I will just answer with the ones that really pull me in and captivate me (besides Hunger Games, Twilight, and Harry Potter. Everyone knows those series are amazing and I don't want to recommend something everyone has already read). Just know there is so much more out there than these four recommendations:
1. The Gable Faces East by Anita Stansfield
2. Dusty Britches by Marcia Lynn McClure
3. I just finished an awesome book called The Scorcher Trials which is a sequel to The Maze Runners. The Maze Runners ranged from ok to pretty good, but The Scorcher Trials was AWESOME and now I'm dying for the third and final book to come out in the series. They are written by James Dashner.
4. Emeralds and Espionage by Lynn Gardner. It actually is a whole series that is great, but this one is the first book in the series.
13. What is your guilty pleasure movie?
A Cindrella Story. I had to choose this as my guilty pleasure movie because I think it's the only movie I feel guilty watching. It's embarrassing because it's such a teenage movie. I love it, I quote it, and I always navigate back towards it. I don't know why I enjoy it so much, but I do.
14. What is your worst habit?
Selfishness in all aspects. This is broad so I narrowed it down to a smaller arena of selfishness to depict how truly horrible I am. I am a selfish food hoarder. I do not like sharing my food with others. I even do not like sharing food with my husband or kids. In fact, when I serve up my husband's food I am jealous that he gets more than me, even though I would never be able to eat as much as him. I have a hard time sharing a bite of my food when we go out to dinner so that Brigham can have a taste. And it's because my food is mine, all mine. So keep your greasy paws off it.
15. What Golden Girl would you be?
I don't know anything about Golden Girls. I've never watched it. All I know is that my dad used to watch an episode every once in awhile and there is one with a deep voice that is slightly manlier looking than the others. I don't want to be her.