Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Kendrick Is Blessed

Because all of my family was in town for Christmas, we asked special permission to have Kendrick's baby blessing while they were here. He was only two weeks old, but it was worth it to have family attending.

The blessing was short and sweet and he was given his name, Kendrick Nelson Tappana, and many promises involving loving God, honoring the priesthood, and having the Spirit with him. Apparently, he spit up right in the middle of the blessing and choked on it a little bit, making it really distracting for all the men standing in the circle, especially Brigham who was trying his best to focus on knowing what the Lord wanted him to say. Oh babies, you make life interesting.

After church, we had a small lunch I prepared for everyone, and took a bunch of family pictures. So enjoy an overload of pictures with commentary as the remainder of the post.






We have our standard family picture. We took about a billion different pictures, and of course we only came out with one good one. Kendrick is kind of slumped over and squishy faced, but really, with a newborn and two other kids, I was pleasantly surprised we got anything.


And then we have the individual takes of Kendrick with each family member.

Lydia:



Such a sweetheart and so adoring of this little boy. She begs to feed him and constantly squawks at him in her ear-splittingly high baby voice. It's adorable.












Ammon:


Oh these two boys. My days are filled with them while Lydia is at school, and I love watching Ammon with Kendrick. He isn't as hands on as Lydia, but he can't resist sneaking in kisses, and asks to have Kendrick sit in his bouncy chair next to him to watch him play. It's hilarious because I'll hear the baby crying, stop for a little bit, start again, and then suddenly stop... and it continues for quite some time. Peaking my head around the corner, I see Kendrick start fussing and then Ammon hurries and bounces the chair for a minute until the crying stops. Ammon continues playing, and then Kendrick starts up again and Ammon, unconcerned, bounces the chair again. And repeat. It's one of the sweetest, funniest scenes.


Yep, these three are my world and I am unashamed at how much I love them.

























And of course we have mom and dad with the babe.

Brigham is such a loving dad and this new baby is no exception. I was so happy to finally be able to give Brigham another baby, knowing that he's been wanting one for just as long as I have.

 Next comes the grandmas.


I've loved seeing how much my mom enjoys Kendrick. She hasn't been able to be around my other kids as babies because we lived in a different state, and she was at a different stage in her life. Now with most of her kids grown and gone, she is enjoying being a grandma to a sweet new baby and it warms my heart.






Here she is with all of her grandchildren. I've got to stake the claim as sole grandchild provider for as long as possible.


We can't leave out great grandma - Grandma Busby. Pretty much one of my top three favorite people.



Four generations of awesomeness.

We took a couple other fun pictures of the rest of the family. Soon Katrina and Polyana will be adding more grandchildren to the bunch this spring. Their due dates are a month apart. And then I decided to jump in with my "baby bump".


My mom was captured with her new babies.


And here's everyone that was able to be there that day.


Only missing Kenny for the Nelson family. However, I was missing all the Tappana family that usually attends the baby blessings. In the past, it was only the Tappanas that could come and my family had to miss, so it felt a little weird and I longed for my kids' cousins and other aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I wish I could scoop up all those that I love and settle us all down in the same place together!

Now that the family stuff is done, I'll let you enjoy a million pictures of the main man.

 For some reason, I just love these pictures. They crack me up. Maybe it's because he slightly looks old-manish and like he's concentrating so hard on staying upright. (Really, he's concentrating so hard on trying to eat the collar of his outfit)








 The poor guy was constantly dealing with his collar riding up over his chin, sending his rooting reflex wild. I remember Ammon had the same outfit - bigger size because he was older when he was blessed - and had the same problem. So the day was spent watching Kendrick try to get his mouth to the thing rubbing on his chin. Because if something is touching the lower half of a baby's face, that means it's meant to be sucked on, obviously.



Remember when I talked about Kendrick making the best faces? Well, here are some pictures to prove my point. Enjoy.






That last one could be the new baby meme that floods the internet. Notice his strong neck muscles at work.



Well, I've posted more than my fair share of pictures of this boy (I actually have tons I that I left out) but after all, this was his main day. Kendrick was blessed, and we sure are blessed to have him.

1 comment:

  1. Happy blessing day Kendrick!! He is such a beautiful baby boy and i love his faces. i so wish our little boys could meet!! I wish we could have been there, but I'm glad you were able to have your whole family there!!

    ReplyDelete