Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Tappana Times: School's Out, Summer Begins


Normally, the weather turns warm, school ends, and then summer begins. Not in Washington. In Washington, summer begins, the weather is sometimes warm, and then school ends. We seriously don't get out of school until the end of June. So at the beginning of June, I was still hanging out with my two youngest after their siblings headed for the bus each morning.


Miss Ivy Sue turned one month old and started fitting into most of her clothes.


Hanging out with Kendrick and Ivy can be an adventure at times, and I'm sure glad Kendrick doesn't mind being buried in groceries now that his spot in the cart is taken. I'm not about to let him run free at the grocery store yet.

Though I spend most of my days with the toddler and baby, I was able to take Lydia and Ammon on a hike with some of our good friends to Twin Falls.


One of my favorite trails, we hiked along the river and then climbed for a bit until we were on the bridge over the waterfall. 


After the bridge, we journeyed to the second look-out and took in the spectacular views.


It was nice to get away from the babies and spend some quality time with my older two doing one of my favorite activities. Especially when you are only five weeks postpartum, I feel like some quality time out in nature is a must.


Luckily, the kids were out of school early for a vacation and family wedding in Utah, as described in the previous post.  Their last day of school was two and a half weeks into June, instead of three and a half.



Whenever I look at the side-by-side of the first day of school compared to the last day of school, I'm shocked by how much these two have changed.


Once we returned from our vacation to Utah, we began to start our summer at home.


After a rest, of course.


Lydia competed in her first powder puff pinewood derby. And lost miserably. Unfortunately, she and her dad didn't really know what they were doing when designing and executing car design, but it was shaped like a skateboard, just as Lydia wanted, and she still had a good time.

We celebrated father's day a week early for Brigham and he was thrilled with his gifts and love from everyone.


With Ivy turning a month old, it was fun to start seeing some life in her as she starting using expressions and waking up a bit more.


She sat in the bumbo for the first time (albeit, not very well or for very long) and even started smiling!


We started taking some more hikes with friends from church and explored a gnome hike in a nearby neighboorhood.


The trail has gnomes placed at various places along the hike and Ammon loved counting how many we saw with his friend, Milo. We sure had a large group of kids to keep track of, but we managed to get as many children out as we brought in with us.


I'm lucky that Ivy is a pretty good baby who I can take hiking and on all the adventures her older siblings are begging me to take them on. She's a sweetheart.


All four of my kids are awesome, and I was thrilled to have them back at home with me for the summer and all of our fun activities!

ps. we have a couple June birthdays in our family, so enjoy watching Kendrick sing to them



No comments:

Post a Comment