Monday, November 16, 2009

Maple Valley


My mom found this maple leaf on a run outside. This shows a little bit of the beauty of Maple Valley and why it got it's name. This photo reminded me of how much I love Washington, and especially Maple Valley. It's so beautiful there. I love walking outside and seeing trees everywhere. The air is so fresh and clean that immediately when I step off the plane to visit home, I take the biggest -deepest breath possible and savor it for a moment. I love that I have the option to choose between a walk to the creek, forest, or lake from my house when I want to be alone, or to just have some fun and adventure. I'll miss being able to walk to my spot on the creek and have a good cry, or think about things, like I used to when I was a teenager. I love being able to walk down the street and pick fresh, wild blackberries off the side of the road. I love being close to civilization but being able to escape it just as fast. I miss that most of all. I miss being able to explore the nature around my house, completely alone, singing to my music and in my own little world. I feel so close to God outside with the sun warming my face or the breeze cooling me through my jacket. Nature is so pure and primitive, and I feel the Spirit in all of it. It is wonderful in the beauty and freshness it offers. It's no wonder my favorite hymn is "How Great Thou Art" when one of the verses reads as follows
"When thru the woods and forest glades I wander, And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees, When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze, Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee, How great thou art! How great thou art!"
I feel like whoever wrote these words, could see into my soul. I miss Washington and Maple Valley, always will, and hope to return someday.

2 comments:

  1. That has got to be the most gigantic maple leaf I have ever seen! Oh my goodness! Anyway...you make me want to go to Washington so bad. It sounds so beautiful. I would miss home too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! How I love Maple Valley. There's something so special about home.
    Being alone in nature truly is such a wonderful way to think and feel close to God. And there's always an adventure or something to discover.
    I am excited we both get to return home this Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete