Friday, December 18, 2009

Paint!


This year I decided to be creative and to make most of my Christmas presents. I also wanted to incorporate Lydia into the gifts since she's the first grandchild and, well, I like her. So I ended up using a lot of paint and handprints and footprints. I realized in the middle of my crafting that I choose the wrong age to have her do a hand print because she's old enough to move her hands and play by herself, and too young to understand how to help or hold still when I need her too. Needless to say, after a lot of laughter, paint, and washing, I completed all of the crafts. This picture doesn't even begin to show the amount of paint we had all over us. It was on the carpet, chairs, tables, and our clothes. Lydia decided to suck her hand with paint on it so she had a mouth coated in green (how festive!). She still has green on one of her toenails that I can't seem to get off. Lydi was curious about the whole experience and especially loved when I painted her hands with a paint brush (believe me just dipping her hands in paint did not work, I tried). I don't think I'll use a 9 month old for this again, and word to the wise for moms, I would shoot for younger or older ages for this project, unless you don't mind paint EVERYWHERE. :)

1 comment: