Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bubbles at Bathtime

I love filling Lydia's tub so that it's overflowing with bubbles while she takes a bath. I just reminds me of how much fun I used to have at bathtime when I was a girl- plus, if I don't have time to enjoy the luxury, some one should! In the past, Lydi was too young to really care about them but lately she's been wondering what those curious suds really are. One time I decided to give her a bubble-beard and the following is the documenation. You can see the whole story depicted in Lydia's face.

First it was "Hey! Mom! What did you just do to me? So weird! What is going on?"

Then, with my encouragement, it became "Well i guess I'm not hurt, and this isn't so bad. But why is mommy laughing?"

Then . . . "Hmmm, yeah, I could get used to this- it is pretty fun."

Ending in "I'm thinking bubbles are pretty great!"

And so, as this soapy story ends, we look forward to the next tale in our bathtime saga.

1 comment:

  1. I love her cute little face! Especially the progression from "I'm not so sure about this" to "I love bubbles!". Super super cute :)

    ReplyDelete