Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Daddy Clone

Lately everyone has told me how much Ammon is starting to look like a little boy now instead of a baby. And it's true. It's exciting and sad at the same time. I want to hold onto these precious times tightly - so tight that he can't get any bigger. And yet, I can't help but get excited to see him grow, and cheer him on when he discovers something new.

There is one constant marker in his almost-little-boy-but-still-hanging-on-to-baby stage:

He's his dad's little clone.

He still looks just like his Dad. Well, except for the large chunky part.

We went on a walk and I ran for part of it. When we got back his hair looked like this. It was hilarious, especially in person. His hair and the look on his face had me thinking...I must run faster than a turtle after all!

Just like his dad, he's TROUBLE! Now that he's crawling he tends to make messes and get stuck everywhere.  My favorite places I have found him stuck are: between the toilet and the shower, and, after pulling apart his changing table, in the strap of my purse (as seen below). He also tends to get stuck in the middle of the hall. He crawls across the length of the house and then realizes that he just can't go anymore and is stuck, abandoned, in the middle of the hallway. He's pretty devastated about it around ten times a day.

Yep, that is my purse strap around his neck. Scary and funny. I try to keep a better eye on him. I don't like my house to be a mess :)

And just like his dad, he gets distracted pretty easy. Just see how he keeps working up to getting upset but loses focus before he actually makes it there.


His constant distractedness is pretty funny, but at times frustrating. Like when he forgets he's supposed to be eating in between every bite because something else has caught his attention...even though you are holding a spoon full of baby food in front of his face.

Can you say just like Brigham? Who's always at the dinner table last, and is the brunt of many family jokes because of it? Brigham. Who takes forever to eat because he's too busy talking/thinking/doing who knows what? Brigham.

Like father like son.

Ammon takes FOREVER to eat, he always has (it used to take us almost an hour to get him to finish drinking a bottle, no joke). And it's not because he doesn't like food, you can tell that just by looking at him. He just gets busy and forgets to take a bite...just like daddy. In the beginning he was too busy sleeping to finish eating, now he's too busy studying the world around him. It's cute for about the first five minutes then you just want to throw your hands in the air and give up. Maybe he wouldn't be so chunky if I did.

But that would be sad because chunky babies are cute.

Especially my chunky baby.

I saw a quote that said something along the lines of, don't marry a man unless you know you can love having a son that looks just like him. I am living proof of that - and not just in looks.

I do love both of my look-alike, trouble-causing, food-loving, distracted, last-to-be-done-eating boys :)

3 comments:

  1. This post is really cute!! Silly Ammon. That picture of him stuck makes me laugh every time I see it. And that one of his hair is pretty hilarious too. Cute Ammon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that picture of him! It made me giggle outloud :). I can still remember holding him in the hospital and thinking how he was the exact replica of his Daddy. It seems like he has much more in common with Brig than just looks! Haha

    Super cute post! I loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That PICTURE! Ahahahaa! Love Ammon :)

    ReplyDelete