Thursday, September 22, 2011

I Got Told by a Two-Year Old

Kids really do say the funniest things and I always looked forward to the days when I could laugh at the crazy words coming out of my kid's mouth. Lydia's been talking for awhile and she's says some pretty funny things every once in awhile.

For example, she calls a swimming suit either a "swimming soup" or a "baking suit" (apparently she relates swimming with food?). She also entered that stage where she says the f-word every time you ask her what a duck says (we're still waiting for her to leave that stage, seeing as she still can't pronounce her q's).

Well, I have to say that lately Lydia has progressed from comical mix-ups and mispronunciations, to unknowingly cracking one-liners. And I'm loving it. I thought I would just share a few of my favorite.

Upon hearing me say "I'm a bad mother," Lydia promptly replied, "No. You awr a good mudder!"

I told her to leave me alone so I could go to the bathroom in peace and she said, "No. I'm not going to leave you alone. You're being mean."

Giggling to Brigham while sitting on the toilet she explained, "I just farted in the toilet. Big time."

Bending over with her little butt sticking up in the air, "Wipe my bum, Mom. Wipe my cute bum."

After kissing Ammon on his way to bed, "Goodnight Son!"

Watching me feed Ammon his baby food for breakfast, "I'm not gonna eat baby food for breakfast. I'm having waffles!"

Hearing the music of an ice cream truck while on a walk she said, "I hear something." I replied, "Yeah, that's an ice cream truck. When you have money to spend you can go buy ice cream to eat from that truck." Lydia smiled and said, "Yeah! And some cake!"

Oh she cracks me up. And she's going to keep me laughing for years to come, I can tell. There's nothing that can bring a smile to your face like a silly two-year old :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha!! Those are super cute!! I especially love the "wipe my cute bum" and "I just farted in the toilet. Big time." She is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fart one reminded us of Brigham. You had me laughing! Lydia is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete