Friday, February 10, 2012

First it was There, And Then it was Not

Remember Ammon's hair?


Besides that memory and this picture, that's all that left of it.

He needed a haircut AGAIN (that's like three haircuts in three months) and I was sick of how it hung on his forehead and my bad chop job in the back, so I went a little crazy with the scissors...

And now he looks like this:




It ended up being shorter than I intended (what haircut isn't?) because I still have a lot of learning to do (poor Ammon having to be my guinea pig) but I actually love it. I think it makes him look grown up and more dignified. It also shows off the roundness of his pinch-able cheeks and his blue eyes. Brigham says he looks more like my side of the family now, but I think that he still looks like his daddy's clone - with a Nelson haircut.

I have to thank two Dum-Dum suckers, the Baby Einstein movie, and my endurance of screaming for making it through the cutting torture. Too bad we don't have working clippers, because, since it ended up being so short, buzzing would have been a lot easier than hacking it all off with scissors.


At least I shouldn't have to cut it for a REALLY long time now.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha he still looks adorable - and i say cut it short so you can go longer between them. that's how my husband rolls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are so brave...I don't know that I would ever be that brave...I'll probably always just break down and take my kids in and pay someone to do it, at least until they're big enough to hold still. Although, Tim still won't let me practice on him :). So...at least Nonie is free! :)

    ReplyDelete