Friday, November 16, 2012

Smarty-Pants Dancer

Lydia just recently had her very first dance recital. She has loved her dance class and is major-bummed that it's over now. She was really excited to have family come watch her dance and cheered every time she found out someone else was coming.


And while Lydia may not have been completely accurate in the precision of the moves, she was always the only one who knew what each position, kick, or turn was called. She answered first and still remembers them all. It's pretty great to watch actually. I'm not surprised, honestly, because she comes from me and in my family we have always been unfortunately branded as know-it-alls. Her dad is right there with us as well. I just shrug and say sorry we're so awesomely smart :)

So enjoy these next few videos, not the best filming because I was trying so hard not to laugh hysterically the whole time. And we have a crappy camera. But here is the majority of her performances - it might look like a lot but only about five total minutes combined after watching each of the clips... And don't judge that she's the only girl without a skirt. She had a cute little black skirt that I simply forgot to put on her before we left - brains before beauty people.







Well I may be biased but I think she's the cutest little thing out there. I'm so impressed with my little dancer and this first little ditty just makes me excited to see how much more she'll learn and grow in all areas of life.

To my beautiful baby: You did so good pumpkin! I'm still so proud every time I watch these videos. Love you!


2 comments:

  1. So cute! I am glad you recorded it so I could see it. Good job Lydia! Such a cute, smart little dancer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha! I love her quick matter-of-fact answers. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete