Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Jewelry Organized

I love jewelry. Lots and lots of jewelry. Actually I love any accessory. I think it's because it's one size fits all and can spruce up the drabbest of outfits. Needless to say, I have accumulated plenty of jewelry throughout the years and due to the volume, I have felt overwhelmed with what to do with all. Especially unpacking after Christmas vacation and facing the daunting task of putting it all away.

So instead, I practiced the good old avoidance method and my dresser looked like this:


For the past month. It's been driving me crazy!! Jewelry was everywhere. I knew I needed to do something about it and I hated how all my necklaces kept getting all tangled together in their drawer.


Not to mention they didn't fit anymore so I had stopped putting them in there anyway. Well after going crazy for so long, I decided to finally undertake a project I had pinned on Pinterest over a year ago found here.



If you look on Pinterest there are SO many different ways to make jewelry organizers but I knew I had this beauty:


I found it ages ago at DI for twenty-five cents, so I went ahead and made my own version of the above project.

I went and picked out some scrapbook paper, cut it to shape, and mod-podged it to the wood.


I kept the pink border because I liked it :)

After everything dried, I took some metal hooks out of our tool set and screwed them in the middle.


Next, I hung it on the wall and did one of the funnest things in the entire world: organized my jewelry! It's amazing what you rediscover when you go through your jewelry box - lots of memories, and hidden treasures. The end result turned out like this:


Ah, so nice and clean! I actually enjoy going into my room now and I don't feel stressed when it's time to get ready. I love how it turned out! I think Brigham was tired of the mess too because he keeps commenting on how nice it is.

It was seriously easy and fast! And now I have a perfect excuse to get MORE jewelry (as if I need one). Now I just need a solution for my numerous pairs of earrings. All the organizers that include earrings make you have to hang them up with a back, and knowing how lazy I am, that just won't happen. When I'm in a trying on several pairs at a time trying to find what looks best with an outfit, it's too much work for me to hang them up and put the back on over and over again. Realistically, I know I would throw them on my dresser in a rush rather than take the time to hang them up. And yet, I hate throwing them all in a drawer together because they don't keep as well. Maybe I shouldn't be so lazy because something like this would be really cool:


But alas, I know I would end up throwing all my earrings on my dresser in a big pile all the time until I made myself hang them back up on clean house day...and then they would start piling up again until the next clean house day. Maybe a big magnetic board that they can just stick to? Do they have those? Hmmm, I will have to research.

But there you have it folks, I finally got my craftiness back on!

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I really need to make something like that. I all the sudden have way too many necklaces too. And I am about to get more tonight!

    ReplyDelete