Monday, February 25, 2013

February Fun

For one of the most dreary months, we've been trying to find some fun things to do. With Brigham usually busy with homework, the kids and I have been going a bit nuts - especially when we've been trapped at home with sniffles, to avoid sniffles, or to escape the cold.

One Friday night, rather than wallow in self-pity that we were on our own while Brigham did homework, I decided to change my attitude and situation into a positive one. Result: movie night with the kids.


We rented the latest Ice Age movie, made a comfy bed on the floor for us to relax, and enjoyed a couple treats.


Ammon lasted until his treats ran out...about five minutes...but then we cuddled on the couch with books together. It was really nice quality time and turned what could have been a depressing evening, into a fun one. I foresee more Mommy movie nights in the future.

Despite Brigham being so busy, I was able to snag him away for a BYU basketball game. We met up with my brother and sister-in-law for dinner and then went our way for some cheers, dribbling, and hoops.


It was supposed to be a close game, but we ended up kickin' butt in true BYU style and won by quite a margin.


After the game we were trailed by a murder through the business building and all the way to our car, but we managed to outmaneuver him with our wily ways. We have quite exciting adventures!  Man did I love getting out with my husband and enjoying a good night!

We ended up with tickets to another BYU game, but sadly Brigham was trapped by my arch-nemesis, Homework, and so I went with my siblings instead.


Unfortunately, Ammon got to my camera and left spit trails on the lens, thus Sadie's glowing head, but otherwise I love this picture. And despite that blur, we had a fantastic time! While the first 3/4 of the game was all foul shots and pretty boring, the last part got really exciting - including a tie-breaking, game-winning shot in the last two seconds of the game. Celebration ice cream afterwards always turns a good night into a great one! There's nothing like a night off being a mom and wife that helps reboost my engines so I am ready to go again.

Those are a few of my fun February happenings. I've also had sister-in-law temple trips, a jewelry party, birthday dinners, President Day Ikea shopping and lunch, and Valentine's Day to help keep those winter doldrums away. It's been nice to be a bit more busy. What do you do to entertain yourself when you can't enjoy the outdoors and you're on your own? Suggestions are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. You have had a pretty decent February! AND it's almost March now so things are going to look up. Picnics, walks, swimming soon, etc.

    Oh and I love your movie night!

    ReplyDelete