Sunday, December 23, 2018

Happy Half Birthday, Ivy!

In November, Ivy turned six months! Halfway to her first birthday.


At six months, Ivy was rolling over and grabbing stuff faster than lightning. She's always had great hand skills and as she became more mobile she snatched objects with glee.


She did great with her six month shots, hardly crying at all. She had no teeth yet at this point, but in the next couple weeks Ivy would get her two bottom teeth. And boy are those sharp! She is a biter and has even bitten completely through a carrot.


Ivy puts up with me dressing her in all sorts of adorable outfits - hats/rompers/shoes/bows/etc.


Ivy started saying "mama" a lot and loves to smack her lips. She doesn't say much, so we adore any sounds that come out of her mouth. (except the whining and fussing)


We'll all do pretty much anything to get her to laugh because it's so rare and cute. She hardly cries for real, so when she does we all know it's pretty serious and rush to her aid.


Ammon is THE cutest big brother. He's a lot like Ivy, not one to show much emotion or too much interest, but you can tell that he adores this baby girl. I can't wait to watch them grow up together. I hope he always dotes on her.


Lydia is an awesome help with Ivy. She will feed her, watch her, play with her, you name it. I know Lydia loves having a sister, though she complains about the age difference. These two girls are so lovely.


And what's better than a baby? A baby in a bear suit! Probably the cuddliest thing I've ever seen.


As you can tell, Ivy and I spend a lot of quality time in my rocking chair together. It about broke my heart when she turned six months. Already halfway there to turning one?! How did it go by so fast? I am truly enjoying her as a baby and the time is rushing by way, way too quickly. I adore this blue-eyed girl. I mean, she frustrates me at times. With her complete refusal of baby food, and her complaints, and grabbiness, I do get irritated. However, it can never last for long. The second those pudgy hands reach for my face, or a smile cracks those lips, or when those serious blue eyes look at me under her perfectly curled eyelashes over her pink chubby cheeks - I could go on, but you can tell I'm smitten - all is forgiven. I can't believe I get to call this sweet girl mine.

Happy half birthday, Ivy Sue. 





No comments:

Post a Comment