Sunday, December 16, 2018

Tappana Times: Rounding Out October


October was a good month. We received fabulous school pictures back - probably the best ones yet - and we had multiple family birthdays to celebrate.

First, Grandma Busby's actual 90th birthday rolled around!


Ninety years old, can you believe it? She's pretty awesome. I go help her in the mornings on Tuesday and Thursday and it has brought me so much joy. She's been my second mom for so long, living with us until I was sixteen, and to be close to her again is something I'll always treasure. Kyle and I even got her to play cribbage with us and Dad.


Kayleen also had her birthday and entered her teen years, turning thirteen.


I made a quick weekend trip to Utah with my parents for Ryan's endowments in the temple. It was so good to see family, even if it was a lot of car riding for such a short trip.


We got to eat at Cubby's where they have the best sweet potato fries ever.


The only bad part of the trip was that I left behind Brigham and the kids with a very sick Ivy.


Rashes, constant throwing up, fussiness, mucus, etc. We drove all day home from Utah and I immediately went in, grabbed Ivy and took her to the Emergency Room where she was treated for dehydration. They weren't too helpful there, but thankfully her actual doctor treated her for an ear infection a couple days later and she was like a new baby. I was so worried about her the whole trip, but Brigham did a great job holding the down the fort.


Kendrick was up to his usual antics, accidentally coloring on his nose when he was trying to smell the markers. He also thinks that all flies are called "shoe flies" because I tell him to say "shew fly, don't bother me."


Kyle and Katrina came to Washington to visit and we went to a corn maze and farm for some fall fun while they were here.


Tractor rides and bubbles with Grandpa, Kendrick was in heaven.


He and Amelia especially loved the corn pit.


Though, all the kids did enjoy digging around in the corn kernels.


The adults had a blast with the apple slingshot. If you were able to hit the target, you got a box of donuts. We didn't end up hitting the target, but Dad got the closest.



Ivy watched from her stroller as we looked at the farm animals and the older kids went through the corn maze with Brigham.




We were lucky to have such good weather, and it was a beautiful day.


I had to take some pictures of myself with some things I am grateful for, for a church activity. I've already posted a few of them previously, so I'll just throw the last couple in. I'm grateful for reading - in bed specifically - and definitely for ice cream. Those things together also are pretty great.

All in all, a great October. Definitely lots to be grateful for with November approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment