Friday, September 2, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's the most wonderful time of the year
With spiraling footballs
And bad referee calls
Let's give a good cheer
It's the most wonderful time of the year

It's the hap-happiest season of all
With those rivalry games
And the BYU fame
When they vanquish the U
It's the hap-happiest season of all

There'll be tailgates for hosting
And hot dogs for roasting
And touch-downs out in the snow
There'll be old football stories
And tales of the glories
Of bowl games long, long ago

It's the most wonderful time of the year
There be much pass-throwing
And hearts will be glowing
When the great Cougars score
It's the most wonderful time of the year



Oh how excited I am to announce that football season is here! I live for this time of year, and when it ends my life feels empty.

I love everything about football! I love both watching and playing. I love the players, the football spiral, the tackling, field goals. Everything.  I love that at this time of the year, there's usually some football game to watch, even if it's not BYU.

And I love my BYU Cougars. 

This is a picture of a cougar at The Northwest Trek Wildlife Park.
And just like this cougar, my Cougars are going to be strong, ferocious, and AMAZING.

I have been a season ticket holder to the BYU games for the past six years. This year ends that streak due to money, kids, and babysitters. :(  It breaks my heart.  When the ticket-office called to see if I was going to be buying our regular seats this year and I had to tell them no, I actually got misty-eyed.
I just can't tell you what it's like to be part of that team spirit and cheer on my Alma-Mater. But, we'll make due at our house and just pretend that we are in the actual crowd. I'll still yell at the TV and give the players, coaches, and refs a piece of my mind. I'll still signal for first downs, sing the Fight Song, and do the Storm Trooper march. But I'll do it all in my living room with a piece of my heart at the Lavell Edwards Stadium.

Yes, I am a major fan. However, I am not the biggest fan EVER. I know this because I don't do some of the crazy stuff that the biggest fans do - but I sure do admire them and wish I were more like them.

This is my favorite BYU player of all time, Luke Staley. I wanted to have you guess who he is, but since his name is on the picture, my game is ruined.

He's followed closely by Austin Collie.

If you want to know where I got my team spirit from, check out these awesome pictures...
Best. Family. Picture. Ever.

Cheering on our team.

Notice how amazing I am at the Storm Trooper march.
 I am terrifying!
That comes with years of experience.

Our little BYU Cougar family

That's right it's a family affair.

The theme this year is Rise Up and we are all wearing the official BYU football shirt for the season (except for Lydia in her BYU cheerleader uniform, and Ammon in his baby Cougar onesie).

Just another reason why my family is so awesome :)

I am SO DANG EXCITED! One more day until the first Cougar kick-off. YES!

So get your cheering voice ready, rise up, and come join us to watch the beauty of the sport called FOOTBALL.

1 comment:

  1. I love the song!! It's great! But I sure wish I did like football. I just am not sporty. I blame my family. Well no, I don't. They always watched the games while I went and played. It's my own terrible flaw. Maybe someday, I'll learn to love the sport like you.

    I do however like this time of year. And I do enjoy going to games...but I just don't watch them. The atmosphere is fun though. And the food. It's always about the food.

    ReplyDelete