Tuesday, June 26, 2012

New Place Perks 2 & 3

I've been meaning to get back to this subject for some time, but I've been SO busy that it's been too long. However, it doesn't mean we haven't been enjoying our new place any less.

One of my favorite new things is the spare bedroom. Lydia and Ammon still share a room so we have an extra bedroom to do whatever we want with. Currently it houses a spare bed, the changing table, and our computer desk with computer, printer, and a second TV with DVD/VCR player.

So when it's movie night and Brigham and I want to watch our own movie without the kids running around and screaming during the important lines or touching moments, we do this:


Slide their highchairs in the extra room, throw in a popsicle or two, and start their own movie. Everyone's good to go. It's wonderful after a long exhausting day when we are hanging on to our hats to make it to bedtime. I also love having an extra bed for when company comes over. It's really quite the setup. Also, the view from that window is AMAZING.

Which leads to my next topic. Check this out:


This is the view from our balcony. Being on the fourth floor has it's advantages and we have awesome viewpoints from each of our windows. I love being able to look out and see over the city. While you sure can feel the wind up this high, the trouble is forgotten as you stop and stare at the perfect view of the oranges and pinks of the sunset each night.

And, as you can see, we've discovered that the vantage point for the fireworks this summer isn't too shabby. We aren't sure what the occasion was, but weren't about to complain when these fireworks started happening.


I also love that Lydia gets to exclaim that she can see two temples, each and every morning, as she points to both the Jordan River Temple and the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.


Spare bedroom and awesome views with fireworks included. Yep, definite perks of the new place.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I wouldn't mind your view. All Sam and I ever wanted in an apartment was a balcony and a pool. We had the pool for a bit, but never the balcony. I would love it!

    ReplyDelete