Monday, December 10, 2012

Ammon Trouble Tappana

My boy sure keeps me on my toes and he's not even two yet! He insanely curious and gets into everything. He also doesn't ever remember or care when you tell him not to mess with something. I've taken to documenting his trouble and I've found I've already got a broad selection of pictures to choose from. So enjoy the following pictures knowing you don't have to deal with this terror.

First of all, my kids share a room and their beds are right next to each other. Ammon's favorite activity is stealing all of Lydia's blankets.


See, he's not even using them. He fell asleep on top of them like this because he was guarding Lydia from taking hers back. How do I know? This happens a lot around here.

See poor Lydia?


Left with only her one blanket. I tell her not to let him take them, but it just keeps happening anyways.

Ammon also likes to play with the one golf club we have in the house. He knows exactly where it is and how to get to it. I would let him, except he likes to bang it on the walls, people, and other valuable objects. He always gets in trouble every time he gets it out and yet I often find him dragging it around the house. This is him putting it back away after being caught.


Another object that Ammon loves is the toilet brush. I have found him playing with it, making a mess with it, scrubbing with it, and worst of all sucking on it. I had them hidden for a long time, but he obviously found my spot. Time to move it again.


This boy has started climbing and found out the computer desk has lots of fun things for him to play with. I've found him with scissors, pens, my camera, etc. The one time I didn't catch him, this is what happened:


Notice the marker on his hands? If you look closely you can still see some on his face (I had already cleaned most of it off) and what you can't see is the marker on his white sleeves and other parts of his shirt.

He also made a beautiful design on the computer chair and desk:


Luckily, I was able to get it off my desk. The first layer came off with rubbing alcohol, the second with WD-40, and the third, stubborn layer finally came off with toothpaste. It took a lot of scrubbing and internet research. The computer chair was easily cleaned with rubbing alcohol, so I lucked out there.

I actually caught him when I heard him getting into my library book (he always likes to pull my bookmark out, the little stinker) so I peaked around the corner expecting to see him with my bookmark in hand, but instead I saw him with his tongue poking out of his mouth in deep concentration, and a nice scribble happening on the cover page of the book. He was creating art. Sadly, I could not get this stain out with rubbing alcohol.

I also later found marker on my bedspread. Only a few marks - nothing horrible - but exasperating nonetheless. I wasn't able to get it all out of his shirt or my bedspread but I feel lucky that that's all that remains. I did later find him climbing on the desk for the permanent maker again. You can bet he got in trouble!

Ammon also likes to help with the dishes:


And Christmas tree decorating...at his AUNT'S house:


He also enjoys climbing to where he shouldn't be to give his mother a heart-attack, while ruining all of his sister's stickers. His only response is to simply hand me the bag and wait for me to help him down.


But THE worst thing that he has EVER done was eat the LAST piece of emergency chocolate in my chocolate stash.


This boy found my last fun-size pack of peanut butter M&M's that I have been saving for just the right moment, and chewed through the package to get to the candy. I don't share peanut-butter M&M's. They are mine. And Ammon ate the last pack. 


He also just showed me how messy he was, rather than feel sorry about it at all.

In fact, I thing he was happy with his good work.


At least, until Mommy gave him the what-for.


I still mourn those M&M's. The were ruined so young. My tongue never even tasted of their goodness.

You can bet he ended up in time-out...a place that he frequents of late. In fact I think I'm going to have to change his punishment up because it seems as though he's been enjoying it too much lately:



And I've only started taking pictures over the past two weeks. Heaven help me. It's a good thing he's so cute, otherwise I might trade him in. Good luck to all the other mothers of toddlers out there, I feel your pain.

4 comments:

  1. hahhaa oh my goodness sounds like landon in a few months! man ammon is trouble! hes a boy though- its better this trouble then the girl drama lydia will give you later! hahaha

    id mourn those m&ms. im a huge hider of candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! This post is great. Little stinker. And I can't believe he ate your secret M&M's. That's where the line is drawn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh to myself a lot (unforunately it had to be quiet cause I'm at work). What a stinker! But a cute one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. I can't help but laugh at some of the pictures...but I feel for you too! I have a feeling Jack is going to be the same way. At least I'll have you to turn to for advice :). He is cute in the pictures though...you have to admit that at least! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete