Monday, November 28, 2011

Spur of the Moment Crib Rail Guard

If you'll notice the teeth marks...


Imagine the front railing of the crib COMPLETELY covered in them, almost stripped of all color down to the wood. I would have a picture but I forgot to take one before they were covered.

I had to come up with something to keep my beaver from chewing his escape out of bed. Looking online, I found patterns to sew a crib rail guard. Only problem was I didn't have the material, money for the material, or time to come up with either. So I came up with my own solution.

I took two matching receiving blankets, folded them over the rail and then used the ribbon to keep the blankets tied in place.


Boom - my beaver boy was caged once again.


And I thought it looked just as cute, or even cuter, than the legitimately sewn ones.

Only problem now is, since he can't chew his way out, he just shakes the crib's railing so hard the whole crib bangs against the wall over and over again.  At night and in the morning we can hear "bang" "bang" "bang", over and over until he either falls asleep or we go and get him.

I guess if he can't chew his way out, he's going to shake the crib hard enough until it falls apart around him.

Boys are trouble!


But he's cute enough that I guess we'll keep him :)

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Luckily, I only have a couple bite marks on Emmy's crib. She seemed to only do it once or twice, and it's not too horrible. But that was a great idea to just use blankets instead of making one! What a inventive sister I have! Hopefully he doesn't break his way out though...what will you do if the crib falls apart? I'd like to see what you'd come up with...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very creative. I would have never thought about using a blanket. I would have spent unnecessary money for sure. And it does look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha thats hilarious but what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete