Friday, December 2, 2011

Library Day

I've mentioned before that every Monday is library day. That means I pack up the kids and any library books or movies we have finished and walk through the Taylorsville park to the Taylorsville library close to our house. We usually arrive soon after it opens; around ten am. We return our books, choose new ones, and then take the long way around the park home for a brisk bought of exercise. Then we get to snuggle on the couch while I read the kids' new picks.

The kids love this day. They love walks and they love books and they love going places - which makes for a perfect time. I love it because I get quality exercise, some fresh air, and to pick out my favorite: new books!

However, the weather is getting cold and wet and I wasn't sure if we would be able to make it a few Mondays.  But after making a few adjustments, like waiting a bit longer for the rain to stop before leaving, or bundling up extra warm like this...


...we haven't been stopped yet! We've successfully gone each Monday morning. The weather is supposed to be even colder this coming Monday, but I'm thinking we'll still venture out. Because come rain, snow, or sunshine, you can bet that on Monday mornings you'll find us at the library. I know the librarians expect us since they always give me that familiar smile given to the regular, fellow-dedicated book lovers.

I highly recommend Library Day for everyone. It's good for the mind and the body, and I love how it helps to install a healthy love of reading and adventure in my children.

Though, I'm not so sure about Ammon's new genre of choice... :)

3 comments:

  1. I wish I lived close to a library so I could have library day!! well I know I could still drive there, but walking sounds more fun! And those hats are super cute your kids are wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Windswept Flame huh? Sounds kinda steamy to me :). What kind of books are you reading Kari? Haha, just kidding!

    I have to admit that I'm jealous you live so close to the library and such a fun park. I know that I could easily drive there...but I'm with Caitlin on this one. Walking is so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love that you'll go even when it's cold! That would be a hard part for me.

    ReplyDelete