Monday, December 12, 2011

The Santa Experience

At the ward Christmas party Santa Claus was invited and I was interested to see how the kids would do.

Based on this picture...


...it seems as though they did pretty well. Sure, they aren't smiling and Ammon looks like a deer caught in headlights, but honestly, it's a Christmas miracle to get both of my kids looking at the camera at the same time. I love this picture.

But I have to say that this picture is my favorite:


It's my favorite because it shows perfectly what really happened on Santa's lap. Ammon clutched his silver spoon like it was a lifeline and stared at Santa with his usual sleepy-eyed, mouth-hanging-open, what's-going-on-here look. Lydia refused to look at Santa, let alone talk to him, preferring to keep her head turned away and her hands crammed in her mouth.

Poor Santa. You can tell from the look in his twinkling eyes that he's just waiting for it all to be over.

It was an adventure that was for sure. We stood in line for a half hour to meet Santa only for Lydia to tell me, one kid before our turn, that she had to go to the bathroom. So one bathroom trip later and round two through the line we got our Santa time. I should have had Lydia ask for a crockpot since mine got snatched at the end of the party (luckily I got it back).

All in all, the Santa experience went well. The kids got what they wanted - a candy cane - and I got what I wanted - a nice picture with my kids sitting on Santa's lap.

The good laugh was just an added bonus :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love that second picture. Super cute. Especially Ammons face!!! What cute kids you have. I'm a lucky auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your Santa experience was much more successful than our two attempts! Emmy was super excited until the actual meeting Santa part. Then she would scream in protest and cling to either Tim or me. Oh well...at least we tried. Twice. That should give us some type of parenting points right? :)

    And...if your in need of a crockpot...my mom is actually giving me and my sisters new ones this year for Christmas. Tim gave me one last year that I won't have need of anymore, so you're more than welcome to it if you'd like it!

    ReplyDelete